Views (THANKS FANS!)

Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Hope You're Not Color Blind...

Jaxson: Hello, everyone!! Welcome back! We're still broadcasting live from "the NICU spa".




Charlie: We're glad you stopped by today because we have a lot to tell you! Many changes this past week...good changes, that is.





Ella: Can you believe that we are 4 weeks old?!? Just 4 weeks ago, at 9:28, 9:29, and 9:30 AM we entered the world. Yes, we were a bit early, but we just couldn't wait to meet everyone supporting us.





Jaxson: This past week, all of our "O's" have changed. By "O's" I mean oxygen support. I am sitting at 1 liter of flow. I am on the highest "O's"of the group. Yes, I know I'm the strong, handsome boy, but I enjoy being pampered a little too much. Dr. Panda said that I will go down on flow and I will like it! Yes sir!

Charlie: I am the smallest, but don't count me out of the running for super triplet of the week. I am down to 0.5 liters of flow. Going from CPAP to cannula, cannula to CPAP, and now off of CPAP to only 0.5 liters of flow...I'm kinda a big deal!

Ella: Now that you've heard the other two, I guess it's my turn. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I'm off ALL "O's"!!! Yes, that's right, mommy and daddy can see my beautiful face, with only my food tube in my nose. #1 Trip right here!!

Jaxson: You know Ella, talking all big and stuff. Well speaking of big, I am still the biggest! I now weigh 3 pounds 11 ounces. That's a gain of almost a pound in 4 weeks! Guess what, my face is even looking a bit chubby!! Who would have thought that was a good thing in the NICU!?!?

Charlie: I am growing, too! I weigh 2 pounds 12 ounces. We are all getting extra calories in our milk to help give us a boost. Since we're not out bathing in the sun, we also get vitamin D. Mommy and daddy should probably get the vitamin D, too. Especially since daddy starts school next week and has spent zero time in the sun this summer. I guess when you have triplets in the spa, parents don't get much time to catch rays...or sleep!

Ella: Now everyone turn around and don't look at the scale while I weigh myself. No peeking! Well, I am still the middle child for weight. 

Jaxson: Come on, Ella! You've gotta tell us!

Charlie: Yeah, I did it. Or are you a chicken? Chicken!! Chicken!!!

Ella: Fine! I am weighing in at 3 pounds 4 ounces! There, are you happy?

Jaxson: Yes!

Charlie: Yes! Sibling pressure works every time.

Ella: Ugh! You guys make everything sound like a good idea.

Jaxson: Along with our "sun" (vitamin D) and "french fries" (calories), we are all at full feeds. That means that we are getting the maximum amount of milk that babies our size receive. Oh yeah, and I get a full bottle! - fed to me! - by mouth! - from mommy and daddy! - once a day!!! Let me tell you, drinking from a real bottle is a lot of work...but totally worth it!

Charlie: No bottle for me yet, but I'm getting "sun" and "french fries" daily. I am cueing like crazy, but still need to concentrate on getting stronger before a bottle. Dang, huh? But at least I get to lay back and get a full tummy without even lifting my pretty little finger.

Ella: I am also getting a bottle fed to me once a day. Mommy and daddy are able to feed me if I am cueing and acting like I am awake enough to drink a whole bottle. It was very scary the first time because usually they just give us a pacifier to trick us, but I, once again, was a rockstar! I've been called that a lot.

Jaxson: Like we said, it's been a pretty great week with lots of changes and milestones.

Charlie: I have been looking a little pale these days. Of course, I don't get to lay out in the sun...and my parents are "Casper the Friendly Ghost" white, but that still wasn't the reason I was pale. So I was lucky enough to get a blood transfusion to help boost my body. I don't even think it was a whole ounce, but the blood they gave me has started to do its job. I am getting a little more pink, breathing better, and am more alert. My brother and sister called me an attention hog and a vampire, but hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!

Ella: Charlie always gets more attention! Always hogging the nurses! Always stealing the visitors!

Jaxson: Yeah, she does! With all of those smiles she gives the nurses and the pretend being sick...

Charlie: No I don't! Jaxson, you're the one who is always trying to steal my thunder before it's your turn to be played with! And Ella, you're just jealous because I have a prettier smile!

Ella: Take it back!!!

Jaxson: Ugh!!! Sisters for sale!! Or better yet, sisters for giveaway!

Charlie: Don't act so tough, Jaxson. You're the one that wouldn't let go of my hand when we were in the same isolette together. Oh yeah, we forgot to tell you one of the most exciting things that happened last week...

Ella: Dr. Panda and the nurses let us play together!! After 24 days, we finally were able to be together again. It was so awesome, so comfy, so quiet, and so beautiful! We missed each other...even if we pretended not to.

Jaxson: It was a great moment for all of us...especially mommy and daddy! Tears and smiles filled the room. Oh yeah, and camera flashes!







Charlie: Oooooooooh! I am getting goosebumps just thinking about how great it was! It was perfect!! Expect when one of us would move, we all would move. Just like when we were in mommy's tummy.

Ella: It was what we all were patiently (maybe not so patiently) waiting for. If we all are doing well, we are able to co-bed once a day. That's our favorite part of the day.

Jaxson: With lots of changes each day, we keep moving in the right direction. It's hard to believe that we're only 34 week babies based on gestational age and are doing so well. We sometimes act like we're 16 years old already by giving mommy and daddy gray hairs and worry lines.

Charlie: The prayers, thoughts, kind words, and visits have been powerful! So powerful that we cannot thank you enough for the healing medicine of love you've given. We are still on our crazy roller coaster of ups and downs and twists and turns, but with your help, we're getting stronger each day.

Ella: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!"...especially if you're riding shotgun with amazing family and friends! We are truly blessed! We cannot wait to meet everyone that we haven't met yet. Lots of growing to do, but each day we become stronger!

Jaxson: It was great talking to you all! It is time again for my bottle. Man, who would have thought drinking less than a ounce would be so exhausting! Have a great week!

Charlie: Yeah, I better go, too. It's time for me to curl up on my tummy and catch some beauty sleep...not that I need it! Thanks for stopping in! Take care and be safe!

Ella: We are so glad that we're able to visit with everyone, and that you're still coming back to hear our story! Loving family, great friends, and growing babies -- blessed in an understatement! We love everyone so much! Talk to you all later! BYE-BYE!!



9 comments:

  1. Hey! It was so wonderful to see all of you. I guess I have to admit that I did shed a few happy tears over the weekend. You babies are just to darn cute! Jaxson, Charlie and Ella you gave me goose bumps when you where all together. Thanks again Loren & Alecia for letting me come and spend time w/ all of you. I miss you lots already! Babies be good to your mommy & daddy and keep getting stronger. Take care, stay safe and healthy.

    Love lots,
    Grandma Jacquie:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these babies! I can't wait to see them all again!! We miss you and love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...sorry Jaxson, I meant handsome :) So happy for you all. Can't believe how alert they are for being so little! You are so blessed. We'll keep the thoughts and prayers coming your way Hoheisel Five. Love from a small part of your massive fan club,
    Amy, Eric, Eli, & Ayla Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome to see them doing so well!!! :) I'm so excited to meet them!! :)(I'm sure Aaron is too but he probably wouldn't say it! Lol) Miss You Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update! I loved seeing the pictures of all of them together. As I was reading the post, our 4-year-old, Owen said, "Mom-who is so cute?" He came over and looked at the screen and said, "Wow! They ARE so cute". :) Take care! Thinking of you and checking in your adorable family often!
    Betsy (Hoheisel) Wall

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't begin to express how amazing the two of your are as parents. These three darling babies couldn't be more blessed to call you "Mom and Dad"! Keep up the great work! Let us know if you need anything...seriously!!!

    Brittany Hagen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing....sending love and prayers daily!
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so wonderful to see the new babies doing so well. Congratulations to all and keep up the good work. Out thoughts and prayers are with you and those beautiful little ones.

    Carol, Bernard, and Brian

    ReplyDelete