Views (THANKS FANS!)

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Three Peas in a...CRIB!!!


"There are only two ways to live your life. 
One is as though NOTHING is a miracle. 
The other is as though EVERYTHING is a miracle!" 
- Albert Einstein


Welcome back friends, family, and fans! We're glad you were able to find us again. We love meeting here every week to chat with you all. It's kinda like a date! But instead, daddy isn't sitting on the front porch in a rocking chair polishing his shotgun waiting for boys to bring home the girls. We've heard that the girls don't get to date until they are 30...so they better enjoy their weekly visits now! Well, we've got lots to share, so lets get started! 

Oh, by the way...on Saturday we all moved to the same crib!!! 
Three peas in a..CRIB!!!


Jaxson Ray
Hey there, friends! It's great to see that you're back for more good times with us triplets. Speaking of good times, we're having some good times sharing the same crib. It has been way too long since we were all together for longer than just a few hours. Actually, it's been 6 weeks because that is how long ago we were together in mommy's tummy. I can't imagine what life would be if we were still in mommy's tummy. Can you imagine over 12 pounds of baby in mommy's tummy? Of course, she'd look absolutely beautiful! As for me, I take up 4 pounds 11 ounces of those 12 pounds. I have almost doubled in size! Yes, I am still "the tank". I may still be wearing preemie clothes, but they are pretty tight. I have snuck into a newborn sleeper a few times, but I usually get lost in all of the extra space. This past week I have not been as naughty as my sisters. I mean, come on, I'm the golden child! I tried to spend some time without oxygen, but missed those pokey little prongs in my nose. So I went back on for a few more days. But right now, I'm pokey prong free. I am trying to work hard on my breathing because I cannot let Ella beat me in the oxygen department. We all have chances to drink from a bottle every 3 hours during our assessment times. I have been drinking most of my bottles for the past few days. While drinking from a bottle I have to concentrate on breathing, keeping my oxygen levels up, drinking slowly, and not refluxing. It is a lot of work! Sometimes I can take half of my bottle and then need to take the easy way out by having it pushed through my feeding tube. The main thing is that I keep my oxygen level up and keep enjoying my liquid gold. If I do that, I'll still be in the running for the "preemie of the week".  Being stuck between my sisters in our crib isn't so bad, especially since mommy and daddy can spend time with all three of us at the same time. Triplet bonding time is the greatest! Life is good!!!





Charlie Dawn
Hi guys! I'm so glad that you were able to stop by and check up on everything. None of us thought that we'd have such a huge, supportive fan club! So yes, we are very truly humbled by your kindness! Well, if you didn't hear it from Jaxson, there's never a dull moment in the NICU. We are busy, busy preemies. I continue to be the tiny, feisty one weighing in at 3 pounds 9 ounces. I am still little, yes, but don't let that be mistaken for weakness, because that I am not! I have been growing at a slower rate, but any growth is great news. This next week is time for me to put on my big girl shoes and put on the ounces and join the 4 pound club. I have been the underdog from the very beginning, but the underdog always becomes a hero because of their drive, willpower, and strength. I decided that I'd surprise everyone this week and move out of my isolette. I worked on my body temp and breathing so I could join my brother and sister in the crib. It was such an awesome accomplishment for us all! We all have our own quirks and personalities, so it will be very cool seeing all of those come out while we're bonding together. I am working on getting rid of my oxygen support by trying to only use my nasal cannula when I am eating. So far, I've done well. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll get rid of the oxygen support altogether. I am trying to practice drinking from a bottle, too. I really like when mommy and daddy hold me while feeding me. I like it so much that I kinda forget to drink the bottle and just look around with wide eyes. I have been drinking a little bit from my bottle, but usually cannot finish the whole thing. I am just a little girl, you know. There are so many things to remember. Especially since I'm always in the running to beat Ella and Jaxson to be the "preemie of the week"! This next week will be another busy one. We are all getting stronger and working on so many things to make sure we are home with mommy and daddy soon. They said they are getting lonely! I bet the quiet house is driving them crazy, but that's okay, because for the next 18 years, it will ALWAYS be loud and crazy! The Hoheisel Family of 5 is very lucky to have each other, and of course, we are very blessed to have all of you in our lives. "Life is good!!!"





Ella Grace
Hello everyone! You know how we've been saying there are a lot of ups and downs in the NICU? Well, there were definitely more downs than ups for me this past week. Mommy has never had so many worry lines and daddy has never had so many gray hairs in his beard before this week. Last week, the doctor said that I might be heading home before the weekend. I guess I got too excited and forget to do some of the important things I've learned. Slowly throughout the week my tummy filled up with air. No one is really sure why it happened, but it sure made for a bumpy week. Since my tummy was full of air, it also put pressure on my lungs, so I had to go back on my oxygen. Then I had to quit eating for 4 days! That was probably the worst thing about the week. After working so hard to get up to my maximum feedings, I had to quit cold turkey. I was a wee bit crabby for a few days...to say the least. I also had to get an IV for antibiotics and a blood transfusion. Lots of pokes, prods, and pricks happened in a short amount of time for this 42 day old preemie. After everything that happened, I had to leave my big brother in a crib by himself and go back into an isolette. I think that was harder for Jaxson than it was for me. And poor Charlie just had to watch it all from her isolette. Then, out of the blue, my tummy deflated! I slowly, but surely, got back into my routine of eating, sleeping, pooping, and of course, looking beautiful. Today, I am back off my oxygen, back into a crib with my brother and sister, back at full feedings, and back in the race to be the "preemie of the week" weighing in at 4 pounds 8 ounces. One thing that this past week helped remind me, my parents, my nurses, and my doctors is that we cannot forget that the life of a preemie is one heck of a ride with twists, turns, and triumphs. No one can really understand how difficult life is for the family of a preemie (or 3 preemies), but I know that our family has certainly joined the preemie club together...as a strong, loving family! "All for one and one for all!" Life is good!!!







5 comments:

  1. Hidee Ho Hoheisel's! I've been waiting for the lastest blog and as usual the update is incrediable. The saying "You've come a long way baby" is perfect for you 3 little miracles. You are all growing in leaps & bounds and doing so well that you will get busted out of the NICU before you know it. Yay we can't wait for that day. I know your mommy & daddy will be overcome w/ JOY when they are able to have you all HOME. Loren, Alecia, Jaxson, Charlie and Ella take care and we will see ya soon.

    Love Always,
    Gr Jacquie♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see all the babies together in the crib after your interesting week of "naughty" children!! Beautiful smile, Loren! Everyday of life IS a miracle.....enjoy your family!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The babies are sooooo adorable! Love following up each week with the blog. We are keeping all of you in our prayers. Those babies have had a tough road but it isn;t easy for mom and dad either. It's a good thing that God never gives us more than we can handle.
    Sharon and Miles Albertson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww what a great update!!!! Looks and sounds like them 3 lil munchkins are pluggung right along.....God definately knew what He was doing when He blessed you guys with multiples!!! Your lil family looks amazingly perfect!!!
    Love, Another Gma... named Gma Nat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Great ya r all continuing to do well, keep up the good work! Daddy's shot gun will not be big enough, you r beautiful lilgirls, So jaxon will have to help the handsome young lad ! Keep mommy and daddy in line! Your a beautuful family!

    Continued prayers,
    Nell

    ReplyDelete