Views (THANKS FANS!)

Monday, September 3, 2012

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Gandhi

WOW! Another week already passed us by? 
Can you believe how fast time flies when you're hanging in "the spa"?!? 


Doing the "Macarena"! 

Strawberry Cuties

Charlie Dawn
Oh, hey! It's me, Charlie! I finally had to talk my brother and sister into letting me talk first. This middle child thing is a pain in the butt! Did you know there is actually a middle child syndrome?? And this innocent, little lady will be taking full advantage of it to get what I want. Hey, it's a "triplet eat triplet world" out there! Anyways, it has been another awesome week for me. I am slowly, but surely packing on the ounces. At 50 days old, I am weighing in at 3 pounds 14 ounces. I am still the smallest, but I'm also the most feisty. I need to continue working on gaining weight, however, I hear mommy and daddy say that most people have the opposite problem. I am still using a little oxygen to help remind me to take nice, steady breaths. And by little, I mean 1/32 of a liter of oxygen. Sometimes I take it out of my nose to see if the nurses notice, but always end up with it back in my nose. I am also doing pretty well with my bottle feedings. I am transitioning to formula right now, and it's different, but I like it. I've had a lot of visitors this past week. Grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins, oh my! Since I am in a crib I can be held more often. That means that mommy and daddy have to share their snuggle time. They miss holding us every time, but we sure like cuddling with our family. My goal for this next week is to be off of oxygen, strictly bottle feeding, and gaining weight. With your love, prayers, words of encouragement, and snuggle time, I will reach that goal! I may only be 50 days old, but I have definitely learned a lot. One thing that I've learned is that no matter what is going on in the real world, at home, or within yourself, family will be by your side not as a convenience, but a necessity. And we thank them for that! Jaxson, Ella, mommy, daddy, and I would have not been able to make it through this entire journey without our loving family to cry and laugh with us. And trust me, there has been a lot of both! There are baby steps and then there are preemie steps. As you can probably tell, the preemie steps are very tiny, tiny steps, however, each tiny, microscopic step forward seems so triumphant and victorious...and it really is!! You've heard us say that it is the little things that keep us and mommy and daddy feeling positive, but I am not sure if you realize how ecstatic each teeny-weenie milestone lifts our spirits! As for this next week, we'll have lots of laughs and tears of joy! I promise and pinky swear!

By far the cutest strawberry in the patch! 

Uh...why is that bear looking at me??

Bald Beauty


Ella Grace
Oh, no! Charlie has you under her spell of making you feel sorry for her. That little trickster! I am glad you found us again! I am sure you are just as busy in your lives as we are here, so I'm very thankful you took the time to stop by and check in on us. You know they say it takes a village to raise a child, well what does that mean for triplets?!? :-) After a not so good last week, I've turned things around for the better. I am continuing to gain weight. At 50 days old, I am weighing in at 4 pounds 15 ounces. That means that I should be hitting the 5 pound mark very soon! Still, 5 pounds is tiny, but so huge for any baby who was born 10 weeks early. We passed the 37 week milestone this week and means that we are technically term babies now. It is crazy to think that we're supposed to be in mommy's tummy still, not 50 days old. However, we are so lucky we made it to 30 weeks with mommy...some babies aren't that lucky. I have been enjoying my bottle feedings this past week. So much that I am officially on "ad lib' feedings! For those of you unfamiliar with the NICU lingo, it means that I am no longer on a strict eating schedule. Whenever I am hungry, I can eat. I don't have to wait for the nurses to wake me up every 3 hours anymore. I can eat whenever I want and however much I want...within reason. That is a very big leap for me. If all goes well, I can have my stinky nose feeding tube removed. I can tell you one thing, I won't miss that. Charlie and I also added Prilosec to my daily cocktail of goodness. That has helped with our refluxing so much that mommy and daddy are able to have more snuggle time with us after my feeding. Sometimes they even let both me and Charlie cuddle with one of them at the same time! Snuggle time is our favorite! It replenishes all of our hearts from the ups and downs we endure each day. It gives us hope! Each poopy diaper, ounce grown, smile, bottle drank, and day passed gives us hope! We never lose hope because we celebrate. Each breath is a celebration for us, mommy, daddy, the nurses, and doctors. When we say celebrate the little things, just think of the little things in your life that you've let pass by. We've all done it...and will continue to do it. But today, stop what you're doing!  Stop worrying about mowing the grass, what's on our schedule for the week, or what's left undone...instead, enjoy life! Enjoy each other! Enjoy the sun or rain or wind or thunder! Enjoy being here, today...because I know we sure are!!!

Not another picture!!!!

Big girl at 37 weeks

Another strawberry cutie!


Jaxson Ray
Hi there! It is strange being the last one to chat. I am really going to have to come up with something great to wrap it up and keep you coming back for more. Well, I suppose I should start off by telling you that this has not been the greatest week for this handsome little man. Actually, I should tell you that this week is one that mommy and daddy would appreciate the chance to push the "EASY BUTTON" or use a mulligan. It has been one of those weeks that faith and hope have been tested. It has been one of those weeks that keeping it together and smiling has never been harder or more painful for us all. You know when Charlie said family is everything, well, that statement has never been more true this week. It actually all started right after I visited with all of you last time. My little tummy started to hurt on Sunday night. It hurt so bad that daddy laid on a chair and had a hot pack between me and his chest to make me feel better. Unfortunately, it didn't work. After an hour and a half of laying with daddy, it was time to move me. Uffda!!! When they moved me, I screamed!! Anytime anything or anyone touched my tummy, I winced in excruciating pain. The doctor was called and right away I was put back into an isolette to help get me comfortable again. My belly started to blow up like Ella's did the week before and I wasn't digesting my milk. So, I had to be put back on oxygen, receive a blood transfusion, get poked for an IV, and stop my feedings. Now let me tell you, I was ok with everything up until the point when they took away my milk. I was definitely not the happiest client in "the spa". The doctors did many tests and they concluded that it was an infection; an infection that attacked my digestive system. Like I said, it was a very rough week. As the week progressed, I started to get more and more hungry. But, as bad as that sounds, it is a very good thing because it meant that I was feeling better and wanting food again. It is currently day 8 of at least 10 that I have not/will not receive my bottle. And on day 8, I am doing better. I am off of oxygen support and I am gaining weight. Although some of my weight is fluid from my IV, I am a whopping 5 pounds 9 ounces. (One doctor said that I am going to be a fat baby...I am trying to take that as a compliment.) The plan for me is that I'm going to get better and back to my normal self. I'm a Hoheisel and Hoheisels fight! We never give up! Ask my Great-Grandma Shirley about that one!!! After a few more days of not eating and letting my body heal, I will be ready to take the NICU by storm. Watch out, nurses! I'll be ready to pack on the ounces and get back to my normal, handsome self. Next week when you stop by and visit, I'll be bottle feeding, back with my sisters in their room and crib, and back on track...I promise!! Charlie, Ella, mommy, daddy, my family, my friends, and my fans give me strength. Having someone to be strong for gives me strength. You are my reason to fight! Our family has learned "courage isn't having the strength to go on -- it is going on when you don't have the strength."

Chubby cheeks

You know you're not tricking me with a pacifier!

Here's the note I wrote for mommy and daddy.

Here's a commercial that mommy and daddy found while watching the Olympics. They both found themselves glued to the TV watching the commercial as they felt many emotions that were described by the families. The isolette that is featured here is just like our first homes. We felt like it was a story made about us!! Take the time to check it out if you're interested.



5 comments:

  1. Go babies go!!!! :) Jaxson it's good to hear your getting better each day that you go without your bottle! (I know you don't like it very much though! :( ) Before you know it you'll have your milk back! Ella and Charlie you girls keep getting stronger and stronger every day!!! :) As Always All of You Are In My Thoughts and Prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful babies!! I sure miss them and have been thinking of your family while on vacation:) Cant wait to see them on Friday when I work next!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaxson, Charlie, Ella, Alecia & Loren,
    Your new blog update is great! I know it's been a tough week but things will get better (right Jax). Thanks again Alecia and Loren for sharing your precious little ones w/ all of us and for allowing snuggle time. You 2 are AMAZING, hang in there!!! Did we tell you how PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL the babies are? The saying "baby steps" is so true. Keep stepping babies, we are all rooting for you! Well I better go for now. All of you take care and see ya soon.

    Love always,
    Grandpa & Grandma H. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uff it sounds like you have had quite the roller-coaster road week!!! Im happy to hear though that your lil Mister is getting better....All 3 babies look so healthy and are certainly growing!!!! May God bless you all with a wonderful week ahead!!!

    Love,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so amazing reading about your beautiful babies... Love the pictures! I continue to pray for you and your family.. Stay strong babies and mommy and daddy!
    Lots of hugs and cuddles sent your way
    Jenn Tiesen

    ReplyDelete