Views (THANKS FANS!)

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Light at the End of the Tunnel!

Welcome back, friends! We've missed you this past week. We'll start out by saying that the roller coaster ride continues, but we've had a lot of UPS and not many downs this week! You know how on the roller coasters your tummy tickles from the ups and downs, well that is definitely how we all felt this past week. (All 5 of us are knocking on wood right now in hopes that it continues...)

Ella
Hello there, friends, family, and fans! I'm glad you found your way back. We've been thinking about you lately. I thought I would start us off this week by giving you the insider news from "the spa". 

"HONEY, I'M HOME!!!" Yes, I packed up my bags and left "the spa" on day 52. I am on day four at home and loving it. However, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jaxson and Charlie to our new home. So are mommy and daddy! The bags under their eyes from lack of sleep, exhaustion from going to the hospital, and emotional roller coaster of not having their family all at home tell us so.

Mommy and daddy bring me up to the hospital so I can visit the other two legs to our tripod. I miss them, but love getting a chance to see all of my favorite nurses and doctors.

I've been pretty high maintenance the past few days. Daddy says diva, I say princess! Since being home I've switch formula. My tummy got really big again and my plumbing hasn't been too regular. So with the switch, my tummy looks great...but the plumbing is still a little backed up, Mommy and daddy are still waiting for a heavy diaper... :-)

Since I am not in "the spa" at all times, I do not get weighed regularly. My last weigh in was on Friday and I topped the scale at 5 pounds 4 ounces. So I will give you the typical lady response about my current weight..."a woman never tells"!

With many new things at home, one thing continues to remain the same: mommy, daddy, me, Charlie, and Jaxson are so grateful for the support of everyone. Every kind word means so much to us all! We love you!!!





Jaxson
Hey guys! Welcome to our crazy life! With Ella home, me and Charlie at "the spa", and mommy and daddy at home, things have become even more insane around here. Of course, it's a beautiful, crazy life we live. It has also been a very positive week for me.

Charlie and I are on day 56 in our great "spa". That means that we are 8 weeks old! Holy smokes! We've definitely been through some tough times in our short time with you all. (Now everyone, sympathy "Aww's" in unison!)

"Get in my belly!" Yes, I am eating again! After 10 days of not eating, then getting one day of feeding, and then stopping for one more day, I am finally back to full feeds. Well, actually, I am able to eat "ad-lib". Which means that whenever I am hungry I can eat however much I want. Talk about one extreme to the next. This guy is on a roll.

Speaking of rolls, I've got plenty of them right now. I am weighing in at 6 pounds 7 ounces. Once I get dressed again, I will probably move right out of preemie clothes into newborn. Another big step for this handsome little man.

Since I am eating and gaining ounces, I will be able to get my IV out soon. That will be nice, especially since I am trying to pump iron for the ladies and the IV gets in the way. 

I saw an advertisement in the "Daily Preemie News" for a triplet looking for a cribmate. I snatched that right up and hopefully move in by Tuesday. I know Charlie will love her new cribmate.

As this week passes, we'll have many more changes. Let's hope next time we chat we'll have a lot more great things to share. Keep those prayers, kind words, and love coming our way. We appreciate you!!





Charlie
Hey friends! It's me, your favorite little peanut. I had my one week of speaking first and now I'm pushed to the end of the line. I guess they wanted to save the best for last, right?!? What a great week is has been for this little lady.

Since Ella left me all alone in this big crib, I started to weigh my options. I either get my poop in a group or pack my backpack for kindergarten because I'll never get out of here. So, my poop is now...well, you know.

As much as I loved having those two little prongs in my cute, little button nose, I decided it was time to part with those plastic nuisances. I am on day four of no respiratory help. It's been a long time coming, that's for sure. Now let's cross our fingers that I don't miss them too much.

I am finally starting to pack on the grams, too. With many worries of me not getting big enough fast enough, I am now weighing in at 4 pounds 6 ounces. Even though I'm still the littest, my scream is still the loudest! :-P

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I'm also on "ad-lib" feeding. That means that I also get to eat as much as I want as often as I want. Don't count this little lady out of the running of making it home before our actual due date.

Speaking of making it home, if all goes well this week, I hope to join Ella at home before the weekend. We'll see what the doctors have to stay about that, though. I think I know what mommy and daddy think about that. Mommy has actually sized me up next to the diaper bag and she thinks she can slip me right in there. No one would ever know, would they?

Thanks so much for stopping in again. We look forward to chatting with you each week. It's like our virtual play date. Lots of prayers this week as we all grow stronger, bigger, and cuter! We love you all! Stay safe, friends!




5 comments:

  1. 1 Down 2 To Go!!! I'm so happy and excited for you 5!!! You all are (as always) in our thoughts and prayers!!!! Those babies are getting stronger and stronger everyday! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay babies! It's been a GREAT week and hopefully this trend will continue into the coming weeks. It was nice to visit Jaxson & Charlie in the spa but can't wait for them to be home. I think Ella misses them bunches! Thanks for the snuggle time! I know that mommy & daddy are very excited to have everyone under one roof. All of you babies are looking happier, healthier and more BEAUTIFUL each & every day. Keep up the good work and get home soon! Loren & Alecia try to get some rest! We love you all very much and see ya soon!!!

    xoxoxoxxo
    Dana & Jacquie ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loren & Alecia.....contests on bring able to take Ella home....I am sure that Charlie and Jackson will be home soon....God continue to bless this family of 5 with those miracles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh how I love the updates!!!! Them babies are just to precious for words!!! I hope I can see them again soon and maybe even snugggle them....I think of you guys often especially when Im feeding my lil ones that are 17 mo 15 mo and 12 mo. I think yep this will soon be Alecia and Loren!!! Let the chaos begin at your house...... I promise you there will NEVER be a dull moment!!! Enjoy your day today and embrace what lies ahead...
    Love Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. To 3 adorable lil babies. I've been able to read your stories n u 3 do so well writing them. I'm sure u r wonderin who I am but your antie Amanda is a good friend of mine n we used to work together! I always look so forward to hearing from u 3, u guys are amazing n very strong beauties/handsome. Don't want to leave anyone out. Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself n let u know I've been praying very hard. Keep up the great work n look forward to hearing from you 3 soon!! Oh ya, say hi to your mommy n daddy!! Gods Blessings!!!
    Kristen Paape

    ReplyDelete