Views (THANKS FANS!)

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Two Home, One to Go!

Hey there, ladies and gentlemen! We cannot tell you how blessed we are for having such great people to check in on us. Good thing, too! Especially since mommy and daddy are first time parents. It helps to know they have people to look out for them and make sure they know what they're doing. But really...does anyone ever know what they're doing with children? With triplets?

Now presenting to you, the three peas in a pod, JAXSON, CHARLIE, and ELLA.


Ella & Charlie bonding with daddy. 
Jaxson made Ella watch the Vikings let us down yet again.



Honeeeey, I'm hoooome!!! That's right. I packed my bags and walked right out of "the spa". I told those nurses and doctors to call me a taxi because it's time for me to break free.

No. Not even close! Come on, Jaxson. You know that's not how it happened.

Yeah, tell the truth, Jaxson. See, look at that. Boys lie and girls always tell the truth because we're perfect, little angels!




Diggin' my new pad.

Yeah, right! Charlie, it's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ella, shut your trap!

Guys, don't listen to him. I was there and I'll tell you how it happened. After going back and forth about Jaxson going home, the doctor finally decided that Jaxson was ready to be with Ella, mommy, and daddy at home.

There we go, Charlie. That's more like it. But you forgot to say the part that he missed me so much and wanted to be at home with me. He couldn't stand that I was getting all the attention at home.

Well, whatever. The important thing is that I'm home. On Saturday, our 2-month birthday, I was able to go home for the first time. Seeing daylight, riding in a car, feeling the bumpy streets of Grand Forks, seeing the brown/green grass, and walking into my home...all for the first time. Can any of you parents imagine how amazing it felt for mommy and daddy to take me home after 2-months?!?

I am happy for my brother, I am. However, that means that I'm left in the NICU all by myself. Some would say that I'm lucky to have some peace and quiet before I head home to the chaos, but I'm sad. I'm sad that I can't hear Jaxson snort in his sleep, cry like a baby (well, I guess that fits him well), toot, and talk to me in his billy goat grunt. Yes, Jaxson, I'll miss my roommate. (I know I'll take that back someday!)



It's just me, Charlie, the lone princess left behind.



I am happy for my brother, too. But, that means I have to share mommy and daddy at home. Call me selfish and a diva, but when you're a triplet, you have to take every advantage of alone time with your parents. I am also sad for Charlie, but don't let her sob story get you. She's loving being alone in "the spa". She gets all of the attention of the nurses and doctors. When mommy and daddy visit her, she gets all the loving. I am sad that she's alone, but remember, I'm the one with her stinky, ex-roommate! 

Come on, girls! You are just as stinky...probably even more, Ella! Mommy and daddy told me about the smells at home. See, those girls are always giving me a hard time. Welcome to my life!! So I'll fill you in on a little secret of theirs. Shhhhh! I read Charlie's diary and she weighs 5 pounds 2 ounces. And Ella, I overheard that she weighs 6 pounds 2 ounces. Well, and since I'm the tank, I weigh 6 pounds 8 ounces. Take that, sisters!

Very funny, Jaxson! Should we give away your little secret from yesterday? Huh?

Yeah, the one that you cried and cried about all day?

YOU WOULDN'T!

Or would we?!?

Hehehe! Blackmail on Jaxson! Way to go, sis!

God help me!

Well, I was supposed to join Ella at home on Wednesday, but decided that I need a bit more time in "the spa". Sometimes I just get so excited, I forget to breathe... I guess that's kinda a big deal. So I will be spending a few more days with my favorite nurses and doctors. Hopefully I will be home by our due date, which is next Friday, September 21st.

Speaking of Friday, we have another appointment with our pediatrician. At my last one, I had to get shots! OUCH! I thought I was done being poked once I left the NICU. On that same day, Jaxson and Charlie also got their shots. Actually, the only one in our family that didn't get a shot was mommy. I was with daddy when he got his and he cried more than I did! He said his contact was bugging him, but I know the truth.



This is my halo. It is a newborn size and still too big!



Why are all of the girls picking on us boys? Daddy, we're outnumbered, so we've gotta stick together, man! 

Ladies, we're not that bad, are we?

No, we're not. We're like every other lady...perfect, beautiful, and innocent! :-}

Oh, brother! Well, anyways, my first night at home was great! I was so happy to see my room, crib, and closet. Since there are so many clothes in that closet, I decided that I needed to try out a bunch of them. I think within my first 10 hours of being home, I was changed 3 different times. Oops! :-P

As you know, life is full of roller coasters of ups, downs, twists, and turns of unexpected proportions.. We know that life is not fair and out of our control. We know that we cannot take life for granted and it is gone before we know it. Sadly, our family felt the sorrow of losing a life this past week. Our great-aunt Marla was unexpectedly lifted to heaven on angel wings. Yet, another beautiful angel taken too soon from Earth to guide us in life from heaven.

We have felt her love from the very beginning. One thing that we discovered about Marla was that family meant the world to her. Her dad, mom, husband, sisters, brothers, cousins, nieces, nephews, great-nieces, and great-nephews were often the topic of conversation in her life. Everyone that came in contact with Marla knew about each and every one of us, often with pictures kept on hand at all times. Many of her co-workers, friends, patients, and passerby's willing to listen witnessed how proud she was of her family.


Here are the Moberg siblings at mommy and daddy's wedding in June of 2009.
Meet our great-aunties and uncles: Jon, Myrna, Marla, Grandpa Jeff, Marsha, & Joel.

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones
pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy." 

Her life taken too soon, but legacy of kindness, love, compassion, and family shines brighter than ever. We did not have the chance to meet our great-aunt Marla after being born, however, the love she had for us stretched miles. We remember hearing her voice when mommy talked on the phone with her for the weekly check-in, her heartfelt comments left on our blog, and weekly words of strength. No, we did not meet our great-aunt Marla, but we do feel her love.

As our family continues to grieve the loss of someone with a heart filled with love, compassion, and kindness, we search for strength. We find that strength in memories, family, faith, and remembering Marla's beaming smile. A smile that is engraved in the hearts and minds of so many.

Yes, Marla's family, friends, patients, and co-workers were blessed with so much that she had to offer. Now, we are all blessed with the beautiful memories Marla so graciously allowed us to make with her. Memories that will be cherished by so many. Memories that now have become treasures.

I am sure as Marla met Jesus, she had her camera in hand and passed scrapbooks of her family for all to see. Another precious life taken away to become another beautiful angel watching over us all. As we continue with our lives, Marla walks right beside us all guiding, encouraging, and strengthening each one of us. Marla, you are missed by many! We, as many others, love you so much! God bless you!

By this time next week, I hope to be raising ruckus with my brother and sister at home--fingers crossed!! Have a great week. Prayers and love sent to you all!

As for me, when I talk to you next week I will have already schooled my brother and sister on the rules of the house. First rule--Ella eats first! Take care, everyone! Love ya! GOD BLESS!!

As the next week passes, stay tuned for more stories of the hectic lives of the Hoheisels. Thanks again for stopping and checking in on us. We love you all!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love ya all ! Take care! Thanks for the blog! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I have no words for this blog!!! We are so happy that Ella & Jaxson are home. Charlie will follow in a few short days. Then your mommy & daddies nest & hearts will be full and happy. We all need to live, laugh and love each & every day. We are so very blessed!

    See ya all in a few days. We love & miss you lots♥♥♥
    Dana & Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog brought tears to my eyes....we love all of you! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo- writer man... must publish book- what a story! heart is happy that the long road home is so short now. bless you all- hugs and love
    Kiara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are getting those little ones home. I also say sorry to the Moberg family on the loss of Marla. She always was doing for others and had that great smile. Evonne

    ReplyDelete