Views (THANKS FANS!)

Monday, August 6, 2012

Potty Humor

Hello everyone! Glad to see that you've come back to visit! It has been a very busy week here at the spa. Our ups and downs continue as we grow stronger each day. Mommy and daddy were watching a TV show about the world's most amazing rollar coasters and said, "They obviously haven't had 3 babies in the NICU!" The rollar coaster that we're on is one amazing, frightening, thrilling, and beautiful ride...and we wouldn't change it for the world! "Please keep your hands, feet, and other objects in the cart while the ride is in motion. And ENJOY THE RIDE!"


Jaxson Ray
Guess what?!? We are already 22 days old! Not only are we getting stronger, but we're also putting on the ounces, too. I am still the biggest weighing in at 3 pounds 5 ounces. Mommy and daddy get to see my handsome, dark eyes more often. I mean, who wouldn't wake up when people are staring at me like I'm an exotic animal in a zoo, wiping my cute little tush with ice cold wipes, or shoving a thermometer in my armpit...and only my armpit if I'm lucky! But don't worry, after all of the poking, prodding, and pinching, they fill my tummy with liquid gold. And I do have a secret weapon. *DISCLAIMER: If anyone is squeamish, skip down to Charlie's wise words...or maybe just to the end of the post!* I've got some trivia for you all. Do you know what you get when you lift a baby boy's legs up and press on his tummy? You've got it!! A poo shooter!! Also, do you know what you get when your daddy has a weak stomach? Uh huh!! Lots of gagging from daddy and lots of laughs from mommy! There is never a dull moment with the Hoheisel Triplets and new parents! *Now how many of you still read it because you wanted to be a rebel?? That's what I thought!! Hey, it's not just me, Ella does it, too!

Cheeseball!

Just relaxing in the hottub!

Another Vikings fan!


Charlie Dawn
Can you believe that we're 3 weeks old already? It has been a very eventful week for me. I am now off of my CPAP and now just on a nasal cannula like my brother and sister. It feels great to get that off of my face! Now mommy and daddy can see more of my pretty, little face. I am still the smallest Hoheisel weighing in at 2 pounds 10 ounces. For me being small, Dr. Pramod said I was growing too quickly. First they want me to grow and then I have to slow down -- are boys always this confusing? But I guess he was right. If you input, you've gotta output. However, I'm inputting more than I'm outputting...if you catch my drift. But I am getting pretty good at outputting, especially when daddy is holding me! I like to hear mommy giggle. She's got such a great smile and laugh, and she has been smiling and laughing a lot more lately...at daddy! Mommy and daddy often said they chose my name right away because they knew they were going to have to yell it a lot. They were right! I am considered the naughty one because I am always causing gray hairs. Lots of ups and downs with me, but that's how I fight for attention. I mean, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! Right?!?

Pretty, Pretty Princess

Yes, we're Olympics fans! GO USA!!

Look, my preemie hat is too small. That's a good problem!


Ella Grace
Hey there! It has been a pretty great week for me. I often hear people say I'm a rockstar. I guess if they mean beautiful, tiny, sweet, and amazing, I must be a rockstar! They call me a rockstar because I have been doing so well. I am weighing in at 2 pounds 14 ounces. Right in the middle, but working my way up ounce by ounce. This breathing thing isn't so hard. I am breathing the same amount of oxygen as all of you, but I just need a little pressure pushed into my nose. Hopefully they lower the flow so I can work harder on my own. Within the next week or 2, maybe I'll be free of the nose cannula. Then mommy and daddy will be able to see my beautiful face more clearly.  Mommy said that I have not been emitting the fragrance of a lady...(once again, another bodily fluid reference). Everyone asks when we get to go home, but we still don't know. We have so many things that we need to work on before that time comes. We want to be home, but want to be strong enough to be home. So we'll wait...but hopefully not too long.

I found my thumb!

Tubby time is NOT fun!

You better be giving me some liquid gold after that tubby torture!

Well, once again, we thank you from the bottom of our tiny, little hearts! The love and kindness of family and friends encourage us to grow stronger each day. You are our medicine! We know this is not easy for mommy and daddy. We see their sadness when they have to leave us in the spa each night, but we also get to see their beaming smiles and tears of joy each time we reach another milestone. The extended stay with our great nurses and doctors is worth seeing those beautiful smiles. We are also lucky enough to see the smiles of our grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends. Those are the faces that make us smile because we see mommy and daddy smile knowing we are loved! 
Just know, we love you all, too!! So long, friends!

6 comments:

  1. Hey babies! Thanks again for the update. Your blog always makes me smile. I know we just saw you all a few days ago but we miss you tons.
    We enjoyed watching you 3 during our visit. Jaxson, Charlie & Ella you melt our hearts! And I know that you already have your mommy & daddy wrapped around your tiny fingers. Your pretty lucky to have such wonderful parents! Keep growing, stay healthy, and we will see ya soon!

    Love always,
    Gr Dana & Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad to see they are getting stronger everyday!! :) Stay Strong!! :) And as always thoughts and prayers are with you 5!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go babies. Tell your mommie that it is harder to take care of your own baby in NICU than someone elses baby. Tell mommie to take some time for herself to rest and have some fun too. Evonne
    Keep growing Keep growing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read your updates!!Jaxson, Charlie and Ella you have such great parents!! Stay strong and healthy!! Thoughts and prayers are with all of you!!
    Always Susan from Tioga!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jyl, Joe, Alli, Maddie, KaleyAugust 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

    Hey there babies! Happy to hear that all 3 of you are mananging to make your parents crazy already! Can't wait to see your daddy changing some diapers!!! Got to see your Great Grandma Shirley & Great Grandpa Melvin last week! Shared Jaxson's little smiley face photo with gramma during chemo to make her smile! She sure can't wait to meet you 3!!! We all love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trips, way to go. Keep that poo flyin! Charlie as the number two child also, I can relate! Just keep on workin hard at growin! You r all just beautiful! Can't wait to hold you all! Don't spoil dad to much, make sure mommy gets a Lil poo action too, dads can't have all the fun! Sorry Alicia! We will keep prayin for ya all, thanks for the updates we love em!
    Nell

    ReplyDelete