Views (THANKS FANS!)

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Crunching the Numbers



Hello from the Hoheisels! I hope this reaches you well. So we've been practicing our arithmetic and today we've got a few numbers for you all...

32
that's how many weeks of gestation we turned on Friday!

2
that's how many weeks old we are!

14
that's how many days we've spent in "the spa"!

7
that's about how many pounds we are combined!

1,000,000 +
that's how many thanks we owe so many people!


Jaxson Ray Hoheisel



So...we meet again! You may ask yourself what a 14-day old handsome, little boy knows about life, but I have quite the knowledge bank going on. So I compiled a list of things I have learned in my short, but eventful lifespan.

* Girls are needy. Those sisters of mine always want the attention of everyone. Me, I just relax and let my fans come to me. Works every time.

* Milk is goooood! I'm "drinking" 27 milliliters every 3 hours. With that being said, my preemie diapers may look big, but they are definitely needed.

*Every ounce counts. I am now weighing in at 2-pounds 15-ounces. I'm still the biggest of the trio, but they are starting to catch up.

* A change in scenery is sometimes needed. We moved! All three of us moved to a different section of the spa. Ella and I are in different isolettes and Charlie is still in her "giraffe".

* Less is more! I am not hooked up to an IV anymore. That means I am receiving all of my nutrients through milk. Less cords and wires means that I am able to be more awake. After my assessments, I am able to stay awake and explore the world. That's usually when mommy, daddy, and the nurses decide to snap a few hundred pictures of me.

* Thank you doesn't do justice right now. There are no words that can express my thanks to all of you. Your calls, visits, emails, messages, thoughts, prayers, and love have gotten us all through this. Each day is a roller coaster of emotions, so your continued kindness is beyond healing. For lack of a better phrase, THANK YOU!!!


Charlie Dawn Hoheisel



I am not sure if you remember this or not, but being a baby is a lot of hard work! So many things to remember and do and don't do. In order to warn other babies about the hard work, I made a list...

* The middle child syndrome is real. I always have to fight for attention with my needy brother and sister. Whenever someone is visiting me, they always have to be naughty to get attention. Argh...so it begins!

* Gaining weight is great...if you're a baby! I am now up to 2-pounds 6-ounces. After us all losing a bit after birth, I am well on my way to catching up to my brother and sister.

* Green isn't a good color. I am still not enjoying my milk. When I eat, my tummy doesn't digest it very well and the milk decides to turn green. I am still getting all that I need, just not through the liquid gold.

* CPAP looks uncomfortable, but works great. I am still on my CPAP to help expand my lungs. With that huge mask on my pretty, little face, I look uncomfortable, but it helps me rest so much better. I am able to concentrate on getting stronger and not so much about remembering to breathe. Which I guess is pretty important...

* Hearing a heartbeat is soothing. I finally am able to hear my mommy and daddy's heartbeats. I get to cuddle with them like my brother and sister have been. Since they have been naughty while kangarooing with mommy and daddy, I get more time to bond.

* At 14 days old, I am already giving mommy and daddy gray hair. Mommy and daddy said they knew I was going to be Charlie for a long time. They wanted me to be Charlie because they knew they would yelling that name the most. I think they're right... I have a lot of things to improve on and get stronger. I am really, really trying to get stronger. The doctors say that I need more time to develop my tummy and lungs. Let's hope they are right because gray is not a good color for mommy and daddy!


Ella Grace Hoheisel



Why hello there! So you finally want my advice? I knew you'd be coming around, so I created a list of things that I think you should know. Listen up carefully and take notes...

* You slept like a baby? You mean you slept for 3-hours and then woke up to be poked, prodded, eat, poop, and moved around? Whoever made up that saying must not have children, have siblings, or have spent time in the spa. But don't get me wrong, I like that someone feeds me, changes me, rolls me over, and pretty much pampers me. I just would like to push snooze every once and awhile. A girls gotta get her beauty sleep!

* Ladies, sharing your weight is okay! As most beautiful ladies are worrying about losing weight, my sister and I are trying to gain. I am weighing in at a solid 2-pounds 10-ounces. Look out Jaxson, I'm catching up to you!

* Gotta catch some rays. Girls, you know what I mean, right? Us girls have to spend some time catching some rays. While in the spa, we all are still catching some photo-therapy rays. One day we're in the "sun" and the next we're in the shade. We can't really decide if we want to keep our bilirubin up or enjoy the rays. Mommy and daddy hope for no more rays.

* White is the new gold. I am loving my liquid gold. I am getting about 24 milliliters of milk every 3 hours. If you add that up, that's 192 milliliters a day! By the way...I also switched from swaddler diapers to preemie diapers.

* 4 diapers in 5 minutes... Let's just say the terms squirting, CODE BROWN, quit laughing and help, AHHH!, my glasses are fogging up, it's happening again, and UH OH! have never came out of daddy's mouth all at the same time. As for mommy and the other nurses, they couldn't say anything through their tears of laughter. Sorry daddy!! I swear it won't happen again... :)

* "ELLO! Cheers, mate!" In honor of mommy and daddy's love for the Olympics, I thought I'd say hi and thank you like they do in London. Thank you is not enough to express our gratitude for your love, special wishes, gifts, thoughts, and prayers. I am sending you all something special...baby love! Not just any baby love, but love from 3 babies! You've made this crazy journey of ups and downs smooth for us all. Even though some of you are miles, states, and countries away, you have gotten us through this. We are so grateful for the continued support as this journey holds many twists and turns. We love you all so much and cannot wait to meet each and every one of you. Until next time...



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like they're getting stronger and stronger each day!! Keep it up Jaxson, Charlie, and Ella!! Loren and Alecia, you guys are doing a great job and I know it has to be hard for you guys right now but just think... in a short time you'll be able to take those precious three home! :) Stay strong! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jaxson, Charlie & Ella you sure can write, tell a good story and take beautiful pictures. I may be a little bias but I think your pretty darn PERFECT! Also you have wonderful parents. Please keep the updates coming, continue growing & stay healthy. We love & miss you all so very much.

    XOOXOOXOOXOO
    Grandma J.H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jyl, Allie, Maddie, Kaley, JoeJuly 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM

    So happy to hear that you three are behaving and doing so well at the spa! Am betting those nurses have been kept on their toes with 3 little Hoheisel's to keep up with! We love you so much and can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow whee what a ride! So proud of you Lil babes for eating, pooping, ans sleeping, perfect remedy for getting bigger and stronger! Way to go mommy and daddy, On doing. Such a great job! An old wise women ( my grandma). Once told me faith doesn't make things easy , it just makes things possible! Sending hugs and prayers your way! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, sending huge amounts (big, big numbers) of love, prayers and strength to all five of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep faith and make sure to take time for you too. Family is super important, let them help. My little sister just had a baby at 27weeks, it was a long road, but he is doing really well now. He is almost 8months old now! :) PRAY and TRUST inm God are the best gifts. PRAY PRAY PRAY, you'll be in my prayers.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep growing little ones. We are still saying prayers for you. The Winzenburgs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You babies are so clever!! I love reading the updates and hearing that you are making progress. You are all so blessed to have such wonderful parents! I do think that using the statement,"We were born early and had to go through a lot to get here..." whenever you want something will work very well on them!!
    Also, if you meet a little guy in the NICU named Beckett (and his mommy and daddy, Hailey and John), give them a pep talk. They are friends of ours and little Beck has had a rough start. They could use some hugs and prayers!
    Love to all of you!
    Susy Plaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update! Love reading them, but love taking care of those three even more! You guys are doing so great staying strong for them and we can't wait to get them strong, healthy and sassy and send them home ;0)

    PS...I think your daddy handled the CODE BROWN marvelously! Keep them coming ;0)

    ReplyDelete